What are the conditions for participating traineeships?
The term traineeship is ‘hot’ nowadays. Many companies advertise regular graduate positions as a traineeship to give the position a more positive image. However, to participate in the election of the Best Traineeship Benelux, a traineeship has to fulfil a number of conditions.
- Clear programme target: developing talented graduates to (top)managers or top(specialists)
- A traineeship is a combination of working and learning. Working is a job with real responsibilities and should not be confused with an internship. Learning is a structured development path.
- The trainee gets the opportunity to gain experience in multiple departments or during multiple projects.
- At least 15% of the total duration off the traineeship is dedicated to personal development/training. Training modules can be function specific or aimed at personal development.
- Trainees have a mentor or (external) coach that help them with their development via periodical one on ones and help them create a personal development plan.
- The minimal duration off a traineeship is 6 months and maximum 4 years. A trainee can be assigned to project.